2 -3 hours
Upper Elementary Grades 3 – 6 Regular Programs, ELL Programs, Resource Room and Special Ed Teachers
Virtual (live webinar) or in-person
Are you looking for engaging and effective ways to help your upper elementary students gain confidence and competence with key reading, vocabulary, writing and comprehension concepts?
Come prepared to play literacy games that incorporate the use of cards, literacy dice, letter tiles, word decks and more. Games are easy to differentiate and integrate into your literacy program, perfect for whole class play, or differentiated small group/centers.
The ideas are also easily adaptable to literacy backpacks for home practice and provide engaged practice for all students including ELL and special education.
Concepts covered include:
- Word Families, sight words and advanced phonograms
- Vocabulary development including work with synonyms, homonyms, antonyms
- Phonics including vowels, double vowels, blends
- Spelling simple to multi-syllable words
- Cloze and questioning activities
- Parts of Speech including N/V/ADJ/ADV
Throughout the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to play each game, learn how to differentiated the activities, how to develop extensions, and how to use the game activities for assessment purposes.
Participants will receive an extensive handout including gameboards ready to use in the classroom the next day!