2 -3 hours
Kindergarten – Grade 3 Regular Programs, ELL Programs, Resource Room and Special Ed Teachers
Virtual (live webinar) or in-person
Come prepared to play literacy games that incorporate the use of easily found literacy manipulatives including literacy dice, letter tiles, word decks and more.
Games are easy to differentiate and integrate into your literacy program, and they’re perfect for whole class play or small differentiated groups/center play. The ideas are also easily adaptable to literacy backpacks for home practice and provide engaged practice for all students including ELL and special education.
Throughout the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to play each game and learn how to differentiate the activities, how to develop extensions, and how to use the game activities daily.
Concepts covered include:
- Introducing the alphabet and its’ sounds, letter matching
- Building rhyme, word families and letter patterns
- Vocabulary – enriching our students spoken and written vocabularies
- Exploring and spelling simple CVC words,
- Learn about the vowels,
- Word Play with all kinds of words: homonyms, synonyms, and antonyms
- Working with multi-syllable words and more difficult phonograms
Participants will receive an extensive handout with gameboards, see many student samples and get ideas for using commonly found items to play the games. Come prepared to play and experience the power of using games for bringing literacy concepts to life for your primary students.